1.04.2015

313 Not Just a Number

promo ke ape ni? haha


And today, my followers had reached 313 peoples. What could I imagine by that numbers? But yet deep inside something bothering me when I see that numbers. Numbers 313 may just a number to some people perhaps when I see it at the first glance; I think it’s just a numbers and not more than that. Numbers 313 does are numbers but do you remember that history of 313 soldiers of Islam in the battle of Badar?


What I can say is that nothing to be proud of when the numbers of followers are bigger than the numbers of following. Even though not all of the followers are our friends, but they have eyes, right? Our pictures are portrays in their instagram’s newsfeed perhaps they might stalking us or if not stalking, judging based on our photos.


313 soldiers of Islam fight against nearly thousands of the opponents of Islam and we win. 313 soldiers of Islam with good deen, good attachment to Allah and Rasul and I suddenly start to think, what contributions do I give to Islam until today? The numbers are indeed small but don’t ever underestimate their spirits to fight against the enemy. They have that spirit to contribute to Islam, the way of life.


credit


Somehow, that 313 of my followers, do I have done enough to portray the beauty of Islam through my instagram’s photos? What questions do I get in the akhiraah if I happened not to be able to portray the beauty of Islam? The beauty of dakwah and tarbiyah? If you asked me whether I am scared to write this entry yes I am scared. However, it is indeed weird of today and I find it too, in me. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me or you as well, the readers of this blog? Nowadays in our era, we are shy of our islam and our practice in islam and they are proud of their disbelieve.


“I fear the day when the disbelievers are proud of their falsehood, and the Muslims are shy of their faith.” Umar ibn Khattab (RA)


Have we done enough? Have we contributed to Islam up until today? I am 23 but what have I tried to give to Islam? Do you remember Muhammad Al-Fateh in his young ages of 21, he managed to conquer Constantinople? Do you remember Usamah Zaid in his young ages of 18, he leads the soldiers to fight against Rom? Do you remember Hassan al-Banna in his young ages of 22, he managed to build Ikhwanul Muslimin? There are a lot more history of the youngers who contributed to Islam long time ago. Who are we today?



If not, have we done enough to practice Islam in our daily activities? Have we done enough to practice Islam in our hearts? Have we done enough to practice Islam in our mind in our actions? Sigh. Heavy sigh. Ashame. This few questions really struck my day when I see the numbers of 313.


Kuala Lumpur.


[credit] Tepuk dada tanya iman.

No comments:

Post a Comment